RADi is an organisation that assists internally displaced persons, indigent children, orphans and widows in Nigeria, to build productive lives to become thriving citizens. Support is provided to displaced or indigent persons, particularly children and young people, to enable them to attain, at minimum, a basic level of education. Assistance is also extended to the families of these children to ensure that the children grow up in a nurturing home, an environment conducive to learning and a peaceful community. Social initiatives such as cooperatives, sporting competitions and business seminars are pursued to promote dialogue, build trust and foster peace within the community.
We assist displaced or indigent persons in Nigeria to grow into positive and contributing members of their communities.
- Promote and foster good and basic educational opportunities for displaced or indigent children via scholarships.
- Carry out and promote skills acquisition training to the vulnerable, educational scholarships to displaced or indigent children, orphans, young people and widows.
- Assist families in-need via the provision of food, clothes, counselling, encouragement,
- Grants, loans, etc., to ensure that children grow up in a nurturing home and an environment conducive to learning.
- Promote the local economy and industry by setting up cooperatives and similar social enterprises to advocate for the people.
- Support the local populace in business through seminars and working with statutory and non-statutory agencies to achieve that.
- Initiate community sporting competitions and social activities as a vehicle for deepening sustainable peace.
- Involve local people in improving their communities through harmonious coexistence.
- Engage in conflict resolution, mediation and dialogues in targeted communities.
- Initiate community sensitization activities on peaceful coexistence.
- Work with similar groups, exchange information, undertake social research and peer review.
- Procure, publish, issue and circulate any reports or periodicals, books, pamphlets, leaflets or other documents to enhance awareness and focus on children, orphans widows and young persons.
- Publicise and promote the work of the organisation.